Your teeth are intended to last for a lifetime. However, that is considering you maintain proper oral healthcare during your lifetime. Here are some helpful tips that you can easily do on your own.
- Stay Hydrated
- Staying hydrating is truly killing two birds with one stone as it is not only excellent for your general health but also your oral health. Most water supplies in the United States consist of fluoride which provides benefits to your oral health. Also, it will help prevent dry mouth which is a condition that can cause halitosis also known as bad breath.
- Stay Away From All Tobacco Products
- Another two birds with one stone tip here as everyone knows that tobacco products are bad for your overall health, however not many people realize how bad it is for your oral health. All tobacco products mean all tobacco products even smokeless tobacco and vaping are detrimental to your oral hygiene.
- Brushing & Flossing
- You have problem heard this over one hundred times in your lifetime, so one more will not hurt! Brushing and flossing daily are imperative to maintaining excellent oral health. Try to brush and floss after each meal, as this will give food less time to get stuck or hide out in your mouth allowing bacteria to grow.
- Limit Sugar
- Sure, a soda or bubblegum with sugar in it may be ok from time to time. However, you should limit and monitor your sugar intake. If you find yourself consistently drinking soda with every meal or chewing gum that is not sugar-free, then you may find yourself with some rather painful cavities in the near future.
- Regular Dental Visits
- Visit our Loyalsock Dental Office in Williamsport, PA regularly. We recommend coming in for a routine checkup and cleaning at least once every six months. This will allow us to properly clean your teeth, remove any hard to reach plaque, and also identify any concerns that we may be able to prevent before they become a serious dental issue.
Request An Appointment
Loyalsock Dental in Williamsport, PA is committed to providing unparalleled dental products and service. If you are interested in learning more regarding a solution or advice about maintaining your best smile, visit our Williamsport dental office. To schedule an appointment, call (570) 224-9992 or request an appointment online