Missing teeth are more than just a cosmetic concern. If left untreated, missing teeth can lead to advanced oral health issues that may require extensive treatment. The longer missing teeth are left unaddressed, and the more likely patients will experience bone deterioration, shifting teeth, and difficulty chewing. Replacing missing teeth as soon as possible is the best way to restore health, function, and beauty to your smile.
Our dental care team offers comprehensive dental care and treatment solutions for patients with missing teeth. Dr. Joyce Kim will evaluate your oral health and determine which solution best suits your needs. Get your missing and lost teeth in Williamsport, PA replaced by a trusted dentist at Loyalsock Dental Associates today.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
If missing teeth are left untreated, patients have an increased risk of developing secondary oral health concerns and serious health issues. When a single missing tooth is left untreated, patients may experience shifting teeth which may lead to more tooth loss. Over time, the jaw bone begins to deteriorate, which may result in facial sagging and bone loss.
Patients who are missing teeth may also experience:
- Tooth and gum infections
- Gum disease, gingivitis, periodontal disease
- Cavities and tooth decay
- Bite-related problems
- Shifting teeth, crooked teeth
- Receding gums
- Facial sagging
Missing teeth can affect your confidence and your quality of life. Replacing missing teeth can help patients avoid further issues in the future. Dr. Kim can work with you to find a solution that fits your budget, lifestyle, and oral health needs.
Missing Teeth FAQs
Do I need to worry about just one missing tooth?
Yes. Even one missing tooth can radically impact the overall health and function of your smile. The teeth around the missing one will shift to try and fill in the hole, causing crooked teeth. Your bite will be uneven, which may cause issues with broken teeth because of more pressure being put on them. Problems with TMJ disorders can occur as well. These are just a few things that can happen if you let a missing tooth go.
Can missing teeth change the shape of my face?
Yes. When a tooth is missing, the jawbone in that area starts to deteriorate. In the area where this is occurring, you’ll notice that your face will start to have a sagging appearance. This can make you look older than you really are.
Can I still chew food with missing teeth?
It can be very difficult to eat normally with missing teeth, especially if you’re missing molars. Hard or crunchy things like fresh fruit and vegetables may not be able to be eaten anymore. This can cause you to not get all of the nutrition that you need to be getting from your diet.
Treatment Options For Restoring Missing Teeth in Williamsport, PA
Dr. Kim works with you, one-on-one, to create a treatment plan that addresses your unique dental needs. No treatment plans are the same. Dr. Kim will examine your teeth, listen to your concerns, and make a recommendation for treatment. We offer a complete range of tooth replacement options to meet your needs. Dr. Kim will explain all aspects of your treatment to ensure you are well informed and comfortable with your tooth-replacement option.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are typically used to replace one or more consecutive missing teeth. Typically, dental bridges are secured using adjacent teeth. However, for a more secure solution, a dental bridge can be secured using dental implants. Implant-supported bridges are high-quality, permanent dental restorations.
- Dentures: Dentures are used to replace the top, bottom, or both arches of missing teeth. For a more natural-looking, secure solution, we offer implant-secured dentures. This type of denture is more secure and requires less maintenance than traditional dentures.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental implants mimic the natural tooth root, support jawbone structure, reduce premature facial sagging, and more. They can also be used to support a dental crown, denture, or dental bridge.
Restoring missing teeth can improve your confidence and your overall oral health. Finding the right tooth replacement options is imperative to your long-term dental success. If you would like to explore your tooth replacement options, visit Loyalsock Dental in Williamsport, PA. Dr. Kim can work with you to meet your cosmetic and restorative dentistry needs. To learn more about your treatment options, call us at (570) 989-5271 or request an appointment online.