Restorative dental treatments are designed to repair and replace damaged or missing teeth, giving you back a beautiful, comfortable smile that will support long-term oral health. Dr. Joyce Kim is an experienced and highly trained dentist serving Williamsport, offering comprehensive restorative services tailored to your unique needs.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dental services provide treatment options for addressing tooth damage, missing teeth and concerns related to the function and structure of the bite. For many, restorative dental care can give back their smile, their quality of life and their confidence.
Dr. Kim works with patients on an individual basis, using her advanced knowledge and skillset to evaluate their needs in a comprehensive manner. Treatment plans are tailored to the needs and aesthetic goals of patients, who are fully educated by our team on the condition of their oral health and treatment options.
Restorative dental services include:
- Dental crowns – Dental crowns are a great option for patients facing severe chips or cracks within their smiles. A dental crown acts as a porcelain cap that covers the entire exterior of your tooth. To support the dental crown, your damaged tooth is shaved down to its foundational core that will remain beneath the dental crown and hold it up. This helps patients with severe dental damages avoid the need for tooth extraction.
- Tooth Bonding – Tooth bonding is a minimally invasive method of fixing minor chips and cracks. This method can also be used to conceal stubborn stains on your dental structures. Tooth bonding involves the use of hardened resin material, similar to that used in a dental filling, to conceal minor blemishes.
- Dental bridges – Dental bridges are a tooth replacement option for patients with one or more missing teeth. They utilize the support of your surrounding teeth to hold a prosthetic tooth in place of a missing tooth. Unlike dental implants, dental bridges do not require a surgical procedure.
- Dentures and partial dentures – For patients who have lost a full arch of teeth, we offer custom dentures and partials. Our custom dentures and partials are designed with your comfort in mind. They will help you get back to living a life with a full set of teeth again.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are a tooth replacement option for patients with missing teeth. They involve a prosthetic tooth that is supported by a surgically implanted post. While this tooth replacement option is more invasive than dental bridges, it is also much longer-lasting. Dental implants give patients the tooth-root functionality that they want out of dental restoration, allowing them to live with no long-term inconveniences like dietary restrictions.
- TMJ Treatment – Patients dealing with chronic jaw pain, tension headaches, and earaches should consider TMJ treatment. With TMJ treatment, Dr. Kim works to determine the underlying dental concerns causing your jaw pain and alleviate them accordingly.
Schedule A Consultation
If you have damaged teeth, missing teeth or concerns about the function and comfort of your bite, contact Dr. Kim in our Williamsport PA dental office. A consultation is a perfect opportunity to learn more about the condition of your dental health, our practice and how restorative dental procedures can help you achieve your personal goals.
Contact our office at (570) 989-5271 or request an appointment online.