Dr. Joyce Kim is a highly trained, trusted dentist in Williamsport, PA. Dr. Kim offers comprehensive, personalized solution for patients who have experienced teeth grinding (bruxism). Repeatedly grinding your teeth can lead to worn, damaged teeth and other complex dental concerns. Although there is not one specific reason for teeth grinding, one of the most common causes is stress. Teeth grinding can even be caused by sleep apnea or a complex bite disorder like TMJ. Most patients who grind their teeth don’t even realize they grind their teeth until they visit the dentist or begin to experience tooth damage.
Dr. Kim offers comprehensive dental treatment options for patients who grind their teeth. During your routine dental exam, Dr. Kim can examine the teeth and examine them for signs of grinding. We encourage our patients to visit our Williamsport dental office for the dental care they need to restore their smile.
Treatment For Teeth Grinding
If left untreated, teeth grinding can lead to worn, damaged teeth and may increase your risk of developing cavities and tooth decay. Patients who grind their teeth may experience one or more of these symptoms.
- Facial pain
- Headaches (especially in the morning)
- Chipped, fractured, or broken teeth
- Clicking or popping when moving the jaw
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please inform us on your next visit. Dr. Kim can perform a full comprehensive exam and develop a personalized treatment plan based on your needs. The type of treatment you receive will depend on the underlying cause of bruxism and the amount of damage the teeth have sustained.
- Oral sleep appliances are used to prevent the teeth from grinding while you sleep. Dr. Kim can create custom designed nightguards that help realign the jaw and prevent the teeth from grinding.
- Restorative dentistry can help restore function and health to damage teeth. At Loyalsock we offer a full range of restorative dentistry solutions to improve your smile.
- Orthodontics can be used if the cause for teeth grinding is crooked or misaligned teeth. Dr. Kim is a Williamsport Invisalign provider. Invisalign is a set of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten crooked or misaligned teeth.
Request An Appointment
Dr. Kim is a trusted dentist in Williamsport, PA who is dedicated to improving patient smiles. Dr. Kim and our dental care team deliver personalized solutions for complex dental concerns. If you suspect you are experiencing teeth grinding or you have not visited the dentist recently, visit Loyalsock Dental in Williamsport, PA.