What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a treatment option for addressing a range of dental concerns or achieving a smile makeover. One of the most successful and customizable restorations, porcelain veneers can serve both cosmetic and restorative needs for improving the appearance and the health of your smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers Recommended For Treating?
Dr. Kim can provide experienced, consultative care for your dental health needs and places porcelain veneers in our Williamsport dental office. Porcelain veneers are often recommended for treating:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth, diastemas
- Broken or damaged teeth
What Are Porcelain Veneers Made Of?
Porcelain veneers are made from ultra-thin, high-quality porcelain that reflects light like your natural teeth, enhancing your overall appearance. The porcelain material is highly durable and will resist stains better than natural tooth enamel. Dr. Kim works with patients to ensure a comfortable, precise fit for the best possible results.
Are Porcelain Veneers A Permanent Solution?
Considered a permanent restoration, porcelain veneers can last many years with routine dental care and good oral hygiene. If you desire a dramatic smile makeover, porcelain veneers are often the most suitable option with the ability to address both tooth shape and color.
What Is The Process Of Getting Porcelain Veneers?
- The first step is a consultation and exam with Dr. Kim. A thorough evaluation of your dental health and the function of your bite plays a key role in the placement of a lasting restoration. Dr. Kim offers patients the benefit of her advanced training, education, and experience when addressing their aesthetic goals, balanced with dental health needs.
- The placement of porcelain veneers will require 2-3 visits to our office, beginning with tooth preparation and impressions. Dr. Kim will remove a small amount of tooth surface, etching the enamel for a secure and stable result. Next, dental impressions will be taken for the fabrication of your new veneers which will be done in a dental lab. Patients may receive temporary veneers to be worn while their custom restoration is in production.
- Once ready, your new veneers will be placed, adjusted for fit and then permanently secured to your teeth. Dr. Kim will work with you to ensure that your new smile feels great, functions properly and meets your aesthetic goals. We will go over the maintenance of your dental veneers to avoid damage, stains and other concerns.
Schedule A Consultation
Find out if porcelain veneers are a good option for you and your lifestyle. Visit Loyalsock Dental for a consultation. To schedule an appointment, call (570) 224-9992 or request an appointment online.