Do you want a brilliant, white smile? Are you tired of stained or discolored teeth? At Loyalsock Dental, we provide patients with safe and comfortable teeth whitening solutions. Renew your self-confidence today!
Main Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Some common causes of tooth discoloration are as follows:
- Foods/Drinks: Certain fruits and drinks like sodas, coffee, and tea can stain teeth and can cause cavities.
- Smoking/Tobacco Use: Smoking and tobacco products stains and darkens teeth.
- Medication: Certain medications like antihistamines and antibiotics may stain or discolor teeth.
- Age: After years of wear and tear, our tooth enamel can thin out, revealing the dark layer of dentin underneath.
- Injury: Chipped, cracked, and broken teeth may appear discolored.
Teeth Whitening Treatment
Before treatment, Dr. Joyce Kim will consult with you to review your health history and discuss your budget and oral health goals. If your teeth have not taken well to professional teeth whitening in the past, Dr. Kim may suggest tooth bonding, dental veneers, or dental crowns. These solutions not only renew tooth appearance but can protect teeth from wear and tear.
First in the treatment process, Dr. Kim will make dental impressions of your teeth to create a custom mouthguard. Once the mouthguard is complete, you may take it home to wear for several hours a day. Take-home teeth whitening gradually whitens teeth over a period of several weeks. This solution is an easy and convenient option for patients.
Schedule a Teeth Whitening Consultation
Do you want to whiten your teeth for a brighter smile? Call the Loyalsock Dental professionals at (570) 224-9992. You can also schedule an appointment with us in our Williamsport office online.